What is an automobile bearing
Bearings are the basis of automobile transmission components and are part of the driving device in automobiles. They are called “joints of the automobile industry” and are used to support the rotation speed of tires.
Bearings have an important impact on vehicle performance. In terms of reliability, once damaged, it will affect the driving of the whole vehicle. In terms of safety, the installation position of some bearings is very important, such as hub bearings, which are designed to support the weight of the entire vehicle. Once a fault occurs, it will affect the safety of the vehicle. In terms of comfort, bearings not only have a great impact on the smooth running of the vehicle, but those bearings with poor quality are also prone to loud noises.
The role of automobile bearings
1. Keep the shock absorber rotating with the wheels when the vehicle is turning, so as to maintain the flexibility of steering;
2. The outer ring of the automobile bearing is a pressure bearing made of rubber, which can maintain the balance between the vehicle body and the shock absorber when the road surface is uneven. Soft connection to reduce vibration.
1. Hub bearings are the main components of vehicle grease lubrication. The bearing plays the role of balancing and stabilizing the engine, and also plays the role of adjusting the gap to make the car run more smoothly. During the running of the car, if the hub bearings are worn or damaged, the vehicle will have untimely and high failures on the road.
2. The main function of the hub bearing is to bear the load and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the hub. It bears both axial load and radial load and is a very important part. Traditional automotive wheel bearings consist of two sets of tapered roller bearings or ball bearings. Bearing installation, oiling, sealing, and clearance adjustment are all carried out on the automobile production line. The wholesale structure of high-speed steel saw blades makes assembly in automobile factories difficult, high in cost and poor in reliability. When the pipe cutting machine and the car are maintained at the service point, the bearings need to be cleaned, refueled and adjusted. Hub units are developed on the basis of standard angular contact ball bearings and tapered roller bearings. It integrates two sets of bearings, which has the advantages of good assembly performance, no need for clearance adjustment, light weight, compact structure, large load capacity, pre-filled grease for sealed bearings, no need for external hub seals, and maintenance-free. It has been widely used in cars, and there is a tendency to gradually expand its application in trucks.
3. If the wheel bearing is broken, it is recommended not to continue driving. Because the bearing is broken, the car will be very unstable, affecting safe driving. Most of them will basically affect the trembling and vibration of the whole car, causing abnormal noise and affecting normal driving, which is harmful to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of broken car bearings?
- When the vehicle is running, the noise is too loud, making a “humming” sound.
- The vehicle runs off track and the wheels feel abnormal.
- There is a vibration or “squeak” noise when the steering wheel is turned.
- The body shakes at high speed and the strength is weakened.
- After driving, the temperature of the hub is abnormal, and the surface of the hub becomes hot.
If your car has the above situation, please be sure to carefully check whether there is any bearing fault in the car, and repair it immediately if you find the fault.
The methods for detecting damage to automobile bearings are:
- There is a buzzing sound when the car is running, and the noise is loud;
- Put your left hand on the shock absorbing spring, turn the tire with your right hand, and the vibration of your left hand will damage the front wheel bearing;
- The heat is high, and it will feel hot when touched by hand;
- Steering wheel shakes during driving.
Causes of car bearing damage:
- Improper assembly adjustment, too tight axial clearance;
- Poor lubrication, dry friction between rollers and raceways, resulting in sintering of automobile bearings;
- There is a problem with the quality of the bearing itself;
- The installation is not clean or there is foreign matter in the lubricating oil;
- The shape of the bearing box is not good.