Stainless steel ball bearings are a kind of rolling bearing. The spherical alloy steel ball is installed between the inner steel ring and the outer steel ring to reduce the friction during the power transmission process and improve the transmission efficiency of mechanical power by rolling. Stainless steel ball bearings cannot bear large heavy loads and are common in light industrial machinery.
Stainless steel ball bearings are generally used in low-load mechanical transmission equipment. Because the bearing area of stainless steel ball bearings is small, serious mechanical damage is very likely to occur in the case of high-speed operation, so needle roller bearings are often used in heavy-load mechanical transmission to increase the bearing surface to improve the mechanical transmission efficiency and reduce mechanical damage.
Stainless steel ball bearings change the friction mode of the bearing and use rolling friction, which more effectively reduces the friction between the bearing surfaces, improves the service life of the fan bearing, and thus prolongs the service life of the radiator. The disadvantage is that the process is more complicated, the cost is increased, and it also brings higher working noise.
Features of stainless steel ball bearings:
- It is made of high-quality bearing steel, and the sealing material is iron cover and rubber cover, which has a longer service life and higher precision;
- The overall quality of the product is higher, avoiding the trouble of repeated disassembly and maintenance of the bearing, and the comprehensive cost performance is better;
- The stainless steel ball bearing has low noise, high speed, and is not easy to get hot, and the bearing has a high load resistance, which is suitable for high-demand occasions.
Precautions for the use of stainless steel ball bearings:
- Keep the stainless steel ball bearing and its surroundings clean;
- Be careful and careful when using it. If you are careless and give a strong impact to the bearing during use, it will cause scars, indentations, fractures and other injuries on the bearing;
- Use suitable tools;
- Pay attention to the rust prevention of stainless steel ball bearings, avoid using them in humid places, and wear gloves to prevent sweat from getting on.
Daily maintenance of stainless steel ball bearings
First, oil sealing and cleaning of stainless steel ball bearings
Lubrication and cleanliness of stainless steel ball bearings are important.
- Cleaning the surface of the stainless steel ball bearing is what we must do before inspecting the bearing, and then disassemble the parts around the bearing.
- Everyone should pay attention that the oil seal is a very fragile part, so you need to be extra careful during inspection and disassembly, and do not use excessive force to avoid damage to the parts.
- Carefully check the oil seal of the bearing and its surrounding parts. If there are bad symptoms, be sure to replace it, otherwise the bearing cloud will be abnormal and the equipment will be shut down.
Second, check the lubricant of the stainless steel ball bearing
Lubrication is important, not just for bearings, but for all bearings. But please note that stainless steel ball bearings should not be overgreasing.
About the inspection method of stainless steel ball bearing lubricant
- Apply a little lubricant and rub between the two fingers. If there is contamination, it can be felt; or apply a thin layer of lubricant on the back of the hand, and then perform a sealing inspection.
- Replace the lubricant of the stainless steel ball bearing. Oil lubricated bearings should be refilled with fresh oil if possible after draining the old oil and let the machine spin at low rpm for a few minutes.
- Make the oil collect residual contaminants as much as possible, and then purge the oil.
- It is best to filter the oil before use.
- When using grease lubricated stainless steel ball bearings to replace grease, the separator used should avoid any part of the bearing with cotton material.
- Because these residual fibers may be wedged between the rolling elements and cause damage, especially in the application of small bearings, more attention should be paid to this problem.
Third, the stainless steel ball bearing covers the exposed part
- When inspecting the bearing, do not expose the bearing to contaminants or moisture.
- If the work is interrupted, the machine should be covered with oil paper plastic sheets or similar materials.
- If the unmasked bearing is cleaned without disassembly and inspection may be performed, it should be cleaned with a coating brush dipped in petroleum solvent, and then dried with a piece of lint-free cloth or dried with compressed air (note: Do not allow the bearing assembly to start rotating).
- Use a small mirror and a probe similar to that used by a dentist to inspect the bearing track surface, retainer, and beads.
- Do not clean the bearing with a seal cover or dustproof; just wipe its outer surface.
- If the bearing is damaged, it needs to be replaced. Replacing bearings during regular downtime is far more economical than the loss of a sudden shutdown due to damage to the array.
The service life of stainless steel ball bearings is directly related to the daily maintenance of the bearings. If properly maintained, the life of the bearing can be permanent.
Xiamen Smark Bearing has been committed to providing our customers with split plummer block housings, spherical bearing housing, pillow block flange bearing, etc. We supply high quality and high quality bearings, please contact us if you need to buy or inquire about bearing prices.